Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Back in the Saddle

Well, it finally happened, it's over now...  I'm back to work.  I woke up on the morning of September 10th and got myself and 2 little guys ready for the day and dropped them off at their respective schools and drug my feet all the stinkin' way to work.  I didn't cry (I thought I might, even if it's just a little) and I didn't whine, I put on my big girl panties and went to work.  Of course, it's awful.  I know I should be at home with my little guy, but apparently paying the bills is a very important thing.
It's football season, so Kendall is cheering again.  I love this time of the year.  Football, beautiful fall colors, the cooling of the summer air.  It's just wonderful.  Especially now that we're in the new house.  Our views around us are just beautiful no matter what time of the year it is, but I have a feeling that fall will be especially gorgeous.  I'm really looking forward to Halloween.  Our neighborhood is THE PLACE to be for trick or treating and I've not lived in a neighborhood like that since I was a young child.  It's definitely something I always wanted for my own children and I can't WAIT for Oct. 31st to get here.
So, we've not had any issues with Braden being jealous of Owen but I don't want to take a chance of Brady doubting how much we love him so I am trying to schedule plenty of one on one time with him in the midst of our very busy schedules.  This past Saturday Brady & I went on our first mommy/son date since Owen was born.  We went to see Finding Nemo in 3D.  He may not remember it, but I remember that it was the very first movie he sat through.  He wasn't quite 3 and he laid on the couch & watched it with me on the Disney Channel.  I LOVE that movie!  I'd never seen a movie in 3D before and I have say I was a little worried about motion sickness, but I didn't have any issues.  I actually thought the whole 3D experience was really cool.  Especially with this movie.




The other exciting thing that happened to me was that I got to go to my cousin (& very close friend) Amanda's ultrasound appointment.  She's having twins (::squeeeeal::) and we were so excited to go see what they were.  After much anticipation we found out that it is twin GIRLS!  Yay!  She's got the perfect little mix.  2 boys & 2 girls.  ::sigh::  It makes my heart very happy for her.  I can not WAIT to hold those little angels.  I love them already

1 comment:

Carla Swafford said...

You're a wonderful, loving mom. Hugs. Love from your mom.

Contributors

poppy